so i submitted the green song last week, and then forgot about it.
gotta do mumi for ddm now. with my head hurting like, i dont know.
POD 2. still waiting for Sharyl t confirm if she can shit out a good song.
so for now,
1. try t survive ITP. try not t jump off the roof/fall off the scaffold.
2. complete mumi NOW.
3. go ‘Like’ jolene’s track on the NEA thing.
on POD 2: prob gon write a song. just do a different genre.
maybe pop-electronica-dance-kpop kinda thing.
which means i dont quite have t record instruments hahaha yay.
on ITP: tiring, but i’m kinda enjoying work, on days.
like tday. even with the crazy weather and us working outdoors, on the rooftop.
lifting huge speakers up, flying led screens and stuff.
climbing up and down the scaffold, pushing flight cases across the carpark.
like why do you need 24 r-series and 40 led screens?
but tday was alright.
setting up lighting tmr.
waiting t get my recordings for green song, props t jolene and amelia. and leon.
gon edit and mix and submit.
working 7 days a week, odd hours = hardly any time t THINK.
die, i need more songwriting talks. i mean classes.
with pod 1 improvements, pod 2 concept, still running through my head.
okay not quite.
presented my pod work 1.
refinements t be made.
- melody on rhymed words (end of phrases) should move upward in pitch.
- fat bass and fat guitar needed. real fat t hold the track down.
- drums need t be more fake. (chopped hip hop loops/808 kik snr/other drum machine sounds)
- record real cymbals t get the mess.
- move up key.
- fire the vocalist. or not. erica against gerald and michael.
- more synth sounds.
- remove rim shot from intro. (WHYYYY) haha.
- the low D# is not in my range.
- mike shinoda is mike shinoda. God.
gotta think deeper, experiment, based on the comments.
it’s quite crazy cause the lecturers are giving various directions.
obviously gotta record the guitars.
but, gotta decide on vocalist and key first.
melody has t be changed slightly.
which means chords may need t be adjusted.
and i need t confirm my concept for work 2 so i can start.
report printed, slides done, proj files burned, audio files burned.
just waiting for tomorrow’s presentation.
waiting t get shot down.
here’s the track. with and without basic mastering.
just got t speak with erica on pod.
gotta change hi-hats, more loose, open.
add low-mid synth sound.
add synth to unison with vocal.